The most essential program we offer for the Premier player! This 20-week dynamic hitting and Explosion Sports Performance off-season program was developed for the premier and aspiring premier player. This intensive 80 hour training system meets two days per week, two hours per day. Workouts include 1 hour of advanced hitting instruction and 1 hour of our own Explosion sports conditioning training each day. Participants will have free use of available batting cages on Fridays. Hitting sessions focus on systematic drill progression, allowing hitters to make the adjustments needed to be successful at the next level. Sessions include instruction by former Major Leaguers Dan Pasqua, Michael Huff and Jim Adduci as well as additional guest instructors with Major League, Minor League and/or college playing experience, high school and College coaches.
Hitting phases covered include:
• Proper stance enabling the hitters to relax and create a hitting position that allows hands to freely work to and through the baseball
• Striding into a hitting position enabling the hitter to develop a sound approach covering the entire plate
• Lower half body mechanics enabling a hitter to hit with balance and gain an understanding of linear vs. rotational hitting
• Hand path and swing plane enabling the hitter to understand the use of their hands in the swing (both top and bottom hand)
• Contact points enabling the hitter to understand the meaning of allowing a ball to get deep vs. getting the barrel out front
• Proper mental approach including discussions about approach, situational hitting, and thinking along with the pitcher and catcher
Explosion Sports Performance Training is a scientifically designed comprehensive group strength and conditioning program designed to build a better athlete. EXPLOSION prepares the athlete by building a solid foundation that not only enhances athletic abilities, but prepares the body to withstand the rigors of a long season. EXPLOSION offers movement training, speed, agility, power, and strength training, for improvements in base-running, explosive bat speed and arm speed. This program will especially help high school players excel in the new environment of the BBCOR bat that reduces the trampoline effect of the bat. Athletes are supervised through an intense workout with attention paid to safety and performance. Make no mistake---this is a fast paced program with the objective of producing top rated players. The players who participate in this program will be ahead of the competition in hitting skill and conditioning. Participants will be pushed and driven to learn both individually and as a group. Become a multi-skilled player. What a player goes through in the 20-week system will be valued by coaches and teams.
Make no mistake---this is a fast paced program with the objective of producing top rated players. The players who participate in this program will be ahead of the competition in hitting skill and conditioning. Participants will be pushed and driven to learn both individually and as a group. Become a multi-skilled player. What a player goes through in the 20-week system will be valued by coaches and teams.
"My son Mitchell rebuilt his swing approach, confidence and at the same time developed speed and strength. It is not just repetitive lessons. It's a systematic approach to the swing; one phase building on another with great coaches and staff. Well worth the price for all that is built into one program. - Bill Gwodz