06/23/2011 10:18 AM -
CHICAGO WHITE SOX TRAINING ACADEMY PROSPECT GAMES
TOP 20 PROSPECT LIST
1) Corey Ray-OF--Simeon Career-2013
Strong kids with thick lower half. Showed above average arm strength from OF and bat showed a line drive approach with late lift. Power potential in the bat.
2) Darius Day-OF/P Simeon Career Academy—2014
High level player for his age, will have ability to be a 2 way player at next level. Good OF actions, was 82-83 off the mound with no backside. Has above average bat speed with excellent approach at plate.
3) Nick Solak-MIF--Naperville North-2013
Good athletic frame. Showed above average bat speed with a short compact stoke. Has smooth actions in the field with the ability to make plays on the run.
4) Dejohn Suber-MIF--Morgan Park-2012
Showed advance actions in the field, arm shows firm carry. Has above average bat speed will hit average and power
5) Shane Brown-OF/P Simeon Career Academy—2012
Could project into 2 way guy in college. In OF showed above average arm, very accurate. Switch hitter with bat speed from both sided of plate. Was an easy 82-83 off mound and showed a sharp late breaking 69-71 BB
6) Jake Hickey-C-Lincoln Way East—2012
Strong, athletic body. 2.05-2.09 pop on the bag with firm carry. Showed good bat speed with big time power potential.
7) Jacob Sparger-RHP-Memorial—2013
3 pitch guy with feel for all. Worked 84-86 clean easy arm, showed good slider with ability to back it up and feel for change.
8) Chris Myjak-RHP/3B—St. Viator--2012
Lean athletic body, High ¾ slot, short arm circle that gets out front quick.
Worked 83-86, BB was 70-71 with good to plus action.
9) Grant Peikert-MIF—Eau Claire Memorial—2013
Showed solid actions in the field, ran a 6.95 and speed played better in game. Has line drive approach at plate with good bat speed.
10) Connor McLain-OF—St Rita—2013
Flat out gamer, played his tail off. Has great baseball instincts and above average defender. Bat will play at next level.
11) Josh Haugen—MIF—Aurora Christian—2012
Good looking player, solid to smooth actions. Bat is his tool, takes a line drive approach with plus bat speed and a nice clean stroke.
12) Tom Martin-INF—Evergreen Park—2012
Projects out at 3B, good actions and arm. Has a short compact stoke with some late lift with solid bat speed
13) Dan Mayer RHP - Downers Grove South - 2013
6'3" pitcher that sat 84-85 on mound. Hooks on the back side, but has good life still out of hand. Curve is second pitch with late break and good tilt.
14) Joshua Galvan-C-Walther Lutheran—2012
Showed solid pop times averaged 2.02, was on the bag. Switch hitter showed good power from right side and plus bt/sp and power from the left.
15) Chance Simpson-RHP—Lewiston HS-2012
Big body, High ¾ slot, with slow and deliberate delivery. Compact arm action that gets out front quick. FB 83-85, CH 70-71, CB 66 12/6 break, little loose
16) Shaquille Cockrell C/INF Walther Luthern-2012
Has solid actions in field, but bat is his tool. Showed plus bat speed with some serious late lift.
17) John Peltz 3B Wheaton North - 2013
Pro Body. 6'3" 215 bat with gap power. Shows above average bat speed. Average hands and feet on the infield.
18) Yianni Pavlopoulos-P/OF Providence Catholic 2013
M ¾ slot with short arm action. Worked 83-85 with some arm side run
19) Adonis Brown-SS/OF Boylan—2012
Showed solid action on INF and OF. Bat will play at next level
20) Nick Kowalczuk - 1B Oak Park River Forest 2013
Another big body 6'2" 195 lb. RH Bat. Stays through ball middle of the field with back spin carry. Good feet around bag